Center for Civic Engagement
- Clothing Drop ’N Swap Event Needs Volunteers/Donations
- NU VISIONS Abroad trip to Philippines – Applications Still Available
- Volunteer Over Thanksgiving Break Week
- On-campus Interns Sought
- Free Financial Literacy Seminar Series – Sign up now
- Service-learning grants available for Faculty
The Center for Civic Engagement (CCE) brings volunteers together with the needs of the community.
This is the place for individuals, teams and organizations all over campus to find volunteer opportunities, and there are a lot of ways to become involved. From blood drives to travel-abroad opportunities, our students find profound learning and leadership experiences while supporting people beyond the campus boundaries. All programs are student-run, and there are dozens of choices.
Service before self is a cornerstone of the Norwich philosophy, and the responsibility of helping others is built into our school character. In 2010, an estimated 84 percent of students volunteered for service through the CCE, and involvement and recorded service hours have been increasing each year. When Tropical Storm Irene hit the Northeast in 2011, students volunteered more than 4,000 hours of their time in the Northfield community.