Interlibrary Loan Guidelines for Lenders
Head of Public Services
Interlibrary Loan Associate
Norwich University Library participates in the statewide Vermont Automated Library System (VALS) and the international OCLC ILL subsystem. As members of the state and international networks of lending institutions, there are specific guidelines in the National Interlibrary Loan Code that must be followed to ensure our good standing with other participating institutions.
We Accept Requests Via
OCLC, VALS, and ALA form.
Materials We Lend
- Journals. Articles are generally photocopied. Whole issues may be loaned on a case-by-case basis.
- CD-ROM (on a case-by-case basis)
- Microforms (on case-by-case basis)
- Video (on a case-by-case basis)
- Reference (by exception only)
- Special Collections (on a case-by-case basis)
45 days for most items.
We do not renew ILL items.
Overdue notices are automatically sent if an ILL is not returned by the due date. If a book is not returned, lost, or damaged, we charge a $50 minimum replacement fee.
Norwich University is a reciprocal lender and participates in both the Nelinet Online Code Signers and LVIS group for reciprocal lending.