Interlibrary Loan Guidelines for Lenders
Head of Reference and Interlibrary Loan Services
Interlibrary Loan Associate
Norwich University Library participates in the statewide Vermont Automated Library System (VALS) and the international OCLC ILL subsystem. As members of the state and international networks of lending institutions, there are specific guidelines in the National Interlibrary Loan Code that must be followed to ensure our good standing with other participating institutions.
Will Accept Requests Via
OCLC, VALS, and ALA form.
Types of Materials Lent
Lent: The following material types are found in the Norwich University Library. Please note any restrictions to specific material type.
- Monographs: lent
- Journals: Articles are generally photocopied. Whole issues may be loaned on a case-by-case basis.
- CD-ROM: lent on a case-by-case basis
- Microforms: lent on a case-by-case basis
- Video: lent on a case-by-case basis
- Reference: lent by exception only
- Special Collections: lent on a case-by-case basis
Generally 45 days for most items.
We do not renew ILL items.
Overdue notices are automatically sent if an ILL is not returned by the due date. If a book is not returned, lost, or damaged, we charge a $50 minimum replacement fee.
Norwich University is a reciprocal lender and participates in both the Nelinet Online Code Signers and LVIS group for reciprocal lending.