Request Materials for Purchase
Acquisitions & Office Manager
The Kreitzberg Library is dedicated to collecting materials to meet the diverse educational and research needs of the Norwich University community. Faculty members are encouraged to help develop the library collection.
Faculty members are requested to do the following:
- Each department has a library liaison in the Kreitzberg Library. The liaisons can help you with the ordering process and finding information regarding titles you may wish to order. Submit orders directly to your library liaison.
- If you order from a publisher’s catalog or from CHOICE cards, please send them along with your order. They can be returned if so requested. It is suggested you keep a copy or list of the titles that you ordered.
- When the material arrives, it is processed by the Acquisitions and Cataloging departments, then placed on the New Book Shelf. If you would like to be notified when a specific item is ready, please indicate this when submitting your order.
- If you asked to be notified when the material arrives, you will be contacted, and the material will be held for you at the Circulation Desk.
- Please place your orders well in advance of when you need the materials. Some titles may take months to receive. Faculty members are encouraged to get the bulk of their requests in before the Fall and Spring Semesters so the library may provide the materials in a timely manner.
- Faculty members should consider book ordering as an ongoing process by submitting orders throughout the year.
If you have any questions, please contact the Acquisitions Department (ext. 2070) or your library liaison.
Requesting Periodical Purchases
Periodical requests should be sent to the relevant department library liaison for review, in accordance with the Collection Development Policy. Requests for new periodical subscriptions do not go through the Acquisitions Department.
Suggesting Non-Academic Purchases
Norwich University students, faculty and staff may suggest titles for addition to the library collection. Ordering books, videos, and other material (except periodicals) is done through the Acquisitions Department. You may submit a suggestion by writing to email@example.com.