Request Materials for Purchase
Acquisitions & Office Manager
We are dedicated to collecting materials to meet the Norwich community’s diverse educational and research needs. You are encouraged to help and we value your expertise in helping us create the most relevant and vibrant collection possible.
Each department has a library liaison who can help you find information about titles and place orders.
To submit orders:
- Send them directly to your library liaison via email or inter-campus mail.
- Include the publisher’s catalog or CHOICE cards, if applicable. We can return these upon request, but also suggest that you keep a copy or list of the titles ordered.
- Indicate if you would like to be notified when a specific item is ready.
If you ask to be notified when an item arrives, we will contact you and hold it at the Circulation Desk once it is processed. Otherwise items are placed on the New Book Shelf.
Ordering best practices:
- Place your orders well in advance of when you need the items.
- Put the bulk of your requests in before Fall and Spring classes start so we can get items on the shelves for use during the semester.
- Treat ordering books as an ongoing process and submit orders throughout the year.
If you have any questions, please contact the Acquisitions Manager (ext. 2070) or your library liaison.
Requesting Periodical Purchases
Suggesting Non-Academic Purchases
Norwich University students, faculty and staff may suggest additions to the library collection by writing to email@example.com.