Reserving the Mutipurpose Room
The Kreitzberg Library Multipurpose Room (MPR) is available to interested groups who need this space for library instruction, meetings, conferences, special class sessions or sponsored social gatherings. If the room is not reserved, students may use the room for individual or group study. The MPR seats up to 40 people comfortably, depending on the setup. Bookings may be restricted during the academic year to accommodate academic priorities.
Acquisitions & Office Manager
- Reserving the MPR
- Room Set-Up/Clean up
- Food & Beverage
- Technology & Equipment
Reserving the MPR
Room reservations must be made with the library office manager at 485.2070. If the office manager is a away, you will be directed to a member of the library staff for assistance. Exceptions to the policy must go through the library office manager when the reservations are made.
- The MPR is only available when the library is open.
- Individuals and/or groups directly associated with Norwich University have priority. Scheduling operates on a first-come, first-served basis. A contact person’s name and telephone number are required for scheduling purposes.
- Student groups requesting to reserve the room must have a faculty adviser. We request that the faculty adviser remain on the premises during the scheduled event/class.
- Individuals and/or groups outside the university may schedule the MPR on a first-come, first-served basis after Norwich University needs are met. Requests for bookings potentially disruptive or incompatible with routine library operations may be turned down. A contact person’s name, telephone number, and mailing address are required for scheduling purposes.
- There is no fee for using the MPR, but the booking party is responsible for any fees incurred due to damage to the room or failing to clean up any food mess.
Room Set-Up/Clean up
- If a special setup is required, the booking party is responsible for contacting the Norwich University Facilities Operations to make appropriate arrangements at 485.2149. Library staff cannot do special room set ups. Note there may be a fee associated with a special room set up and it is the responsibility of the booking party to pay this fee. The booking party may also make arrangements to do their own room set up.
- The MPR is to be left in a clean condition after use. If a special setup is done by the Norwich University facilities staff, then it is the responsibility of the booking party to make sure the setup is torn down by NU facilities. Any fees associated with this are the responsibility of the booking party. The booking party may also make arrangements to tear down their own set up.
- Trash receptacles must be checked and emptied, if necessary, upon leaving the MPR.
Food & Beverage
- If food services by Sodexho (485.2297) are required, the booking party must make those arrangements.
Technology & Equipment
- The following technology and equipment is housed and available for use at no charge: projector with screen and speakers, easels/pads, chalkboard, podium, TV/VCR/DVD. Please notify us if you need any of this equipment when you reserve the room.
- If a laptop is needed, the booking party is responsible for providing their own. The projector system allows for quick hookup via VGA cable.
- There is a telephone jack, but the booking party must reserve a telephone or speaker phone from the ITS Department (485.2456). Any rental fees will be paid by the booking party.
- The MPR also has the following amenities: limited kitchen facilities (sink, counter space, cupboards, microwave), handicap accessible bathroom, movable tables, stackable chairs, and a coat rack. The room can be darkened for audio/visual presentations.
- There are no phones available in the library for outside calls. Guests should also be aware that cellular phone users may not be able to send or receive calls inside the library.
- The library and MPR are not air conditioned.
- Guests should be informed to keep the noise level at a minimum when entering or exiting the MPR in order to maintain a quiet atmosphere that is respectful of patrons working in the library.
- The Kreitzberg Library is a non-smoking facility. Smoking is not permitted in the building.
- Library staff are not responsible for taking or delivering messages for guests using the MPR.
- The library is not responsible for lost items.