Transferring GI Bill benefits
Center for Student Success
The Post-9/11 GI Bill® allows service members to transfer unused education benefits to their spouse or dependents. Below are helpful links that can walk your family through the process.
- First, check to see that the family service member meets the criteria to transfer education credits to his or her spouse or child.
- Have the service member complete VONAPP (Veterans On Line Application).
- Go to the milConnect portal to transfer benefits.
- Allow 6 to 8 weeks for the VA to send a Certificate of Eligibility (COE).
- Once you receive the certificate, send a copy to the Norwich University certifying official, A. Holt at email@example.com.
To estimate your VA benefits and determine how they will lower your Norwich tuition balance, use our calculator.
If you have any additional questions, please contact the Student Financial Planning Office at Norwich University, tel: 802.485.2024, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.